Looking for a meal that is simple and unaffected, but also decadent and delicious? Nerai’s executive chef Chris Christou has created a blend of Greek traditional food that boasts a Mediterranean flair, with dishes ranging from the wholesome and plain to the rich and exotic.
While many dishes have become local favorites, there is an always changing undercurrent to the Nerai menu, and even frequent visitors can miss out on a new dish if they don’t pay attention. Here are a few plates you may not have sampled, that you should really try in your next evening out or business lunch at Nerai.
- The Maine Lobster Salad. This incredibly simple yet rich and filling dish contains a generous serving of lobster dolma, plenty of sweet corn, fresh avocado and a delightful lobster vinaigrette drizzled across it for a decadent, cool meal on a hot day.
- The Cretan Spiced Scallops. The fresh, unusual dish includes ouzo honey glazed pork belly for extra flavor and a sunchoke puree for a flavorful accent. It’s a must try dish.
- The Slow Braised Short Rib Hash. Available on the brunch menu, this hearty meal includes a tender fried egg, crisp home fires, and a side of kefalograviera (a delicious hard sheep’s milk cheese).
- The Meze Menu. Too many small plates to list; a combination of any is a full meal, and a variety can be cobbled together for the entire table to enjoy without the need for accompanying entrees. Try the cold Tuna Tartare, the hot Saganaki Sticks, the grilled Octopus, the wrapped Duck Baklava and the fresh Shrimp cocktail with house made cocktail sauce for a delightful combination of flavors and textures.
- The Lavender Mousse. This light, delicate dessert features lavender honey, pineapple and pecans for a perfect ending to almost any meal.
- The Persephone. This cocktail blends St. Germaine with prosecco and pomegranate for a colorful, surprisingly tart drink that can cleanse the palate between bites and enhance your dining experience.
Whether you are visiting Nerai for the very first time or returning to a beloved destination, there is always a new dish to enjoy and new tastes to explore. Make your reservation today.